1969 Chevrolet Camaro
Lot : 445
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe
Auctioned on SAT, 2021-06-11
Auctioned at The Toronto Spring Classic Car ONLINE Auction 2021
Sold at $ 131,600
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual
Exterior Color: Fathom Green
Interior Color:Dark Green
Location – Concord, Ontario
Photos and condition report supplied by seller
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe #8272
This 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 #8272 was originally built during the 4th week of February in 1969 at the Norwood Chevrolet Plant, and shipped to Canada on March 4th 1969. Upon delivery into Canada this motorcar would be offered for sale by Ross Wemp Motors Ltd of Rexdale, Ontario. This was the final year of production for the first generation Camaro!
The original body tag present on this vehicle confirms originality of the body and Z28 designation. Production for this model was limited to a total of 6,067 vehicles with a Z28 designation for Canadian market.
Presented in its original color combination of Fathom Green (57) exterior, and Dark Green interior with Vinyl Standard Bucket Seats (723). This Camaro Z28 was ordered with the following Factory options:
• C50 – Rear Window Defogger – Blower Type
• D55 – Front Compartment Floor Console
• D80 – Auxiliary Panel & Valance (Spoiler) Rear – included with Z28
• G80 – Rear Axle: PosiTraction – Limited Slip
• G84 – Rear Axle: 4.10 Ratio
• J50 – Brakes: Vacuum Power
• J52 — Brakes: Front Disc, Rear Drum
• M21 – Trans: 4-Sp Manual, Close Ratio
• PU6 – Tire: E70-15-B, HWY, Nylon, B-Wall White Lettering
• U17 – Gauges: Oil, Coolant, Ammeter, Clock, Gas, Tachometer (Special Instruments, V8/console)
• V48 – Engine Coolant, Increased Protection (AntiFreeze)
• ZK8 – Label: Tire Pressure
• ZQ7 – Canadian Warranty Booklet/Lit
• Z28 – Special Performance Package
The Z28 “Special Performance Package” adds many items to this special 1969 Camaro at a cost of $458.15!
• 302 CID V8 Engine
• Dual Exhausts with Bright Extensions
• Special Front and Rear Suspension
• Rear Bumper Guards
• Heavy Duty Radiator and Temperature Controlled Fan
• Quick Ratio Steering
• 15”x7” wheels (E70x15 special tires)
• Auxiliary Front Valance Panel
• Rear Deck Spoiler and Special Paint Stripes on Hood and Rear Deck
• 4-Speed Manual Transmission
• Power Disc Brakes and Tachometer or Special Instrument and Console
Powering this Chevrolet Z28 Coupe is the original factory DZ302 code, 302CID Turbo Fire V8 small block engine. (Casting A289 #3956618, Jan 28 1969). This motor is paired to the original (M21) 4-Speed Manual Transmission producing 290BHP (Casting P9 B22 B, Feb 22 1969). The engine bay has been detailed beautifully and presents close to new.
The recipient of a complete restoration, this classic muscle car is presented with the utmost attention to detail! Spectacular paint quality. Body panels for this motorcar are laser straight, fitment and finish are both spectacular! Panel gaps present even and consistent for all doors, trunk lid, and hood. Exterior trim and brightwork were restored and display beautifully. Engine bay, Undercarriage, Inner Wheels, and Interior all fully restored, and fine detailed.
The interior of this Z28 Coupe features a complete factory original design with no modifications from new. All original options are present and function as per original delivery. Hurst floor shifter. Vinyl Bucket Seats. Complete Gauge Package.
Presented with 75,000 miles from new ( 1,450 average annual miles) Accompanying this 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe is the Owner’s Manual, Complete Decode of all part numbers and casting codes showing correct build sequence and fabrication dates, and Vintage Vehicle Services GM Documented Build Sheet showing all original options, delivery information, and production details. The motorcar presents as delivered new, with all factory options, and original colors as decoded on Trim Tag (present on this motorcar).
Investment quality, blue-chip American Muscle. An incredible example!